Dead Man's Island

On the North side of Vancouver’s downtown core, there is a scenic location known as Stanley Park, and deep in cedar trees with the Pacific Ocean as a background is the HMCS Discovery’s base. This Canadian naval base has been in the island since 1943, but the island where it stands has been occupied by a series of First Nations people since prehistory. The island has a spooky, and chilling history of human sacrifice and slaughter. A lot of rumors about strange lights, weird moaning, and spectral figures roaming around and they were whispered at night when the settlers went to bed. And now the small, pretty island where the HMCS Discovery is anchored is named “Dead Man’s Island.”

According to local legend that in the year of 1700s, the two tribes, the Northern and the Southern Salish tribe, were at war, and during one fierce battle, the Southern Salish tribe took women, children, and elders as hostage. These hostages were marked for certain death. To make sure that the Northern tribes surrendered, and the Northern tribe hoping for a peaceful exchange, however they were cruelly slaughtered and more than 200 Northern warriors has been killed. Through time, because of the horrific acts of the Southern tribe, the island became known as a land of enchantment, and then eventually these stories were forgotten. It then became a burial place, first for the Salish First Nations and then for the new European settlers. John Morton was one of Vancouver first settlers who visited the island in 1862. He found hundreds of red cedar boxes tied to the upper branches of the trees and one accidentally fallen and broken to reveal a piles of bones and a tassel of black hair.
HMCS Discovery on Dead Man's Island
The Salish people were eventually pushed away from this mysterious island. The Europeans moved in and used the grounds for their own cemetery purposes, often disturbing the native cemetery. Among the dead buried on the island, aside from God-fearing pioneers, were the scoundrels and dregs of Vancouver’s earlier community. Seamen suicides, Canadian Pacific Railway construction casualties, Chinese lepers, prostitutes, bandits, and other ruffians who fought each other in the grills and saloons of Gastown were also buried there. Victims of the Great Vancouver Fire and smallpox epidemic all ended up in the wet, mossy, and muddy soil of Dead Man’s Island.

The Mountain View Cemetery was finally built in 1887, and the burials on the island came to a stop. However when it got dark, the haunted stories began. Strange tales of eerie screams have been reported coming from the island. The sounds are described as inhuman screams that make the blood turn cold. Others witnesses have reported seeing a fluorescent glow on the island, twisting and writhing as though in great agony and then changing into a human form. There have been spectral shapes seen moving in the fog, with red, glowing eyes and voices like broken glass, hissing out names of those who would disturb their sleep. And in this forest graveyard with vines covered in deep jade-colored moss, where souls lie in broken rest and reportedly still walk in the night.

Source:
Encyclopedia of Haunted Places: “Ghostly Locales from Around The World” compiled and edited by Jeff Belanger;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadman%27s_Island_%28Vancouver%29

Pic Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Deadmans_Island.jpg
05:38 | 0 komentar

Map of the Creator

In 2002 the scientists of Bashkir State University in Russia claim that they found an undeniable proof of the existence of a highly advanced civilization in the distant past. Their evidence is a stone slab with weight more than a ton, (with dimension approximately five feet long by three-and-a-half feet wide, and six inches thick) its age estimated, probably millions of years. The stone slab was found beneath the house of one of the community leader in the city of Ufa, the surface of the slab showed an amazing accuracy of 3D relief map of the Ural Mountain. The discoverer eventually called it "Map of the Creator."

Alexander Chuvyrov, professor of physics and mathematics, the discoverer, said that during his research of the traces of ancient Chinese influence in the region and had heard the stories of the 20th century researchers from various ancient slabs. Even though he's very interested, he barely couldn't find any single stone slab, until one day when a head of the local agricultural committee told him that there is one stone slab beneath his house.
 
After recover it, Chuvyrov being shocked because he found a map that most accurately described many existing natural features, and many no longer exist, including the discovery of a system of canals, dams and reservoirs, and the inscriptions in an unknown language.

It was first discovered in July 1999, and has been subjected to numerous test by the scientist of Russia. The results are surprising, to say the least. The age determinations have been based on radio-carbon dating test, however the origin of the stone is still questionable. The technical difficulties in creating such an accurate map of this discovery is much more than any ancient culture that previously believes by orthodox scientists which have occupied the region, or elsewhere, anywhere on Earth.

This map is still very difficult to reproduce. Some researchers believe that this slab is a fragment of a complete map of the earth.

Source:
Atlantis Rising Magazine Vol. 35 "Ancient 3D Map Found In Russia"
 
Pic Source:
Atlantis Rising Magazine Vol. 35 page 10
04:13 | 2 komentar

Hindenburg Disaster

LZ 129 Hindenburg was the largest airship ever built, 804 feet long, capable of ferrying 158 crew members and passengers across the Atlantic from Germany to North or South America. Supported by huge bags of hydrogen gas, the dirigible Hindenburg was the pride of Adolf Hitler’s Nazi regime until May 6, 1937, when it exploded and burned during docking maneuvers at Lakehurst, New Jersey. In the space of 37 seconds, 35 of the 97 persons aboard perished in flames while onlookers watched in horror and newsreel cameras captured the disaster for posterity. Investigators on both sides of the Atlantic concluded that the fire was a simple accident, leaking hydrogen ignited by a charge of static electricity—but was it true? As with most disasters of modern times, conspiracy theories surfaced within hours of the Hindenburg explosion. Some theorists believed (and still maintain today) that saboteurs destroyed the blimp in a homicidal bid to embarrass Nazi Germany.

For half a century, Count Ferdinand von Zeppelin’s (1838–1917) inventions had embodied Germany’s aeronautical aspirations. Zeppelin drew on the work of several forerunners for his designs, most notably Henry Cavendish, who discovered hydrogen in 1766, and the brothers Montgolfier, who presented a first hot-air balloon to the French public in 1783.

Later engineers failed to safely combine the flammable gas with the blimp design but suggested that an elongated envelope would be conducive to a vessel’s stability in strong winds. Zeppelin designed a rigid frame that further improved controllability of the luftschiff, or airship, and separate gas cells to be filled with hydrogen. He had the first dirigible patented in 1898. For the building of Luftschiff Zeppelin (LZ) 1, however, the count’s company lacked government funding and had to turn to private shareholders.

In 1908, donors had to save the project a second time when LZ 4 crashed in the German city of Echterdingen. Following models proved more dependable, and airships would soon be used for Arctic exploration, German air raids on London in World War I, and commercial travel.

On May 3, 1937, the Luftschiff Zeppelin 129 Hindenburg climbed from Rhein-Main airport into the air above Frankfurt, Germany. Its namesake was the recently deceased Paul von Hindenburg, World War I field marshal, president of the Weimar Republic (1925–34), and national idol. The LZ 129 was 804 feet long, 135 feet in diameter, and weighed approximately 250 tons. To provide the necessary lift, the Hindenburg’s 16 gas cells still had to be filled with combustible hydrogen, as the United States remained the only country to produce the nonflammable helium. 
Since its maiden flight in 1936, the LZ 129 had completed 20 flights across the Atlantic Ocean and broken the previous models’ speed records. Under normal conditions, its four 1,050-horsepower Daimler-Benz DB 602 diesel engines accelerated the dirigible to a maximum of 84 miles per hour, but favorable winds had allowed for top speeds of up to 188 miles per hour. A westward trip from Germany to the United States took an average of 63 hours 42 minutes, which was 17.5 hours faster than its predecessor’s best time of 81 hours 14 minutes. Although the Hindenburg had been built to accommodate 50 to 70 passengers, it carried only 36 travelers in addition to 61 crew members when it embarked on its fatal final flight. The control gondola was the only element to protrude from the body, the passengers resided in 20 heated cabins at the center of the hull’s lower decks. Amenities on board included a 528- square-foot dining room, a reading and writing as well as a smoking room, and centrally located sanitary installations with showers. Panoramic windows embedded in the concave hull provided spectacular views for strollers on the promenade deck.

From the outset of the trip, Captains Max Pruss and Ernst Lehmann had to confront numerous adversities, all of them due to bad weather conditions. Storms first kept the airship from crossing the English Channel and then delayed its journey across the Atlantic. Blown off course to Newfoundland, it passed Manhattan behind schedule at 3 P.M. on May 6 and finally reached the U.S. Naval Air Station in Lakehurst, New Jersey, at 6 P.M. Heavy rains kept the airship from initiating landing procedures right away, and it was only an hour later that the storm calmed and the Hindenburg approached the mooring mast.

Suddenly the spontaneous combustion occurred at 7:25 P.M. As a ball of flames consumed the paneling and the exposed frame crashed on the landing field, the American ground-crews fled in panic. Once the ship hit the ground, those crewmen spun around to pull survivors from the blazing wreckage. The injured were rushed to hospitals, where more succumbed to their wounds, including Zeppelin captain Ernst Lehmann. A column of black smoke rose from the site as the heavy oil engine fuel continued to burn for three hours. A total of 13 passengers, 22 crewmen, and 1 Lakehurst-based navy soldier died in the crash. There were 62 survivors. 
Contemporaries suspected sabotage or a lightning strike, while more recent hypotheses state that maneuvering in the storm might have led to a build-up of static energy in the ship’s envelope. An electric discharge may have ignited the hydrogen.

Captain Pruss, commander of the Hindenburg, was one of those who blamed the disaster on sabotage, but Hitler’s regime and the U.S. administration of President Franklin Roosevelt seemed equally eager to close the investigation without pointing fingers. One suspect often named in conspiracy theories is Joseph Spah, a surviving passenger who frequently visited his dog in the Hindenburg’s baggage compartment (and thus had ample opportunity to plant a bomb). Another suspect, crewman Eric Spehl, died in the fire and was posthumously credited with anti-Nazi attitudes. No solid evidence indicts either suspect (or anyone else), but speculation on causes of the fire still continues.

In 1998 spokespeople for the National Hydrogen Association blamed weather conditions and an “unorthodox” landing for the explosion. As explained in the NHA’s publication:

Observations of the incident show evidence inconsistent with a hydrogen fire:
(1) the Hindenburg did not explode, but burned very rapidly in omnidirectional
patterns,
(2) the 240-ton airship remained aloft and upright many seconds after the fire began,
(3) falling pieces of fabric were aflame and not self-extinguishing, and
(4) the very bright color of the flames was characteristic of a forest fire, not a hydrogen fire (hydrogen makes no visible flame). 
Also, no one smelled garlic, the scent of which had been added to the hydrogen to help detect a leak. Conspiracists remain unpersuaded as they have for the past seven decades, noting that a bomb blast would preclude any lingering aroma from a slow leak, with or without garlic.

Sources:
Disasters, Accidents and Crises In American History by Ballard C. Campbell;
The Encyclopedia of Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories by Michael Newton

Pic Source:
Disasters, Accidents and Crises In American History by Ballard C. Campbell page 267
06:12 | 0 komentar

Route 666 The Devil's Highway

Even though since May 2003 the US Route 666 is officially known as US Route 393 or 491, the legend of "the Devil's Road" or "the Devil's Highway" (Camino del Diablo), will always be remembered. According to local statistics, the highway has bad reputation because of a very high percentage of road accidents, and they know that some of the reasons why this is happening. The original name of the highway had absolutely nothing to do with Antichrist or the number of the beast (666), as mentioned in Revelation, the last book of the Bible. The road was the sixth branch of an interstate route that was known as US 60. The section which connects Chicago to Los Angeles eventually became the legendary highway of Route 66. Four Corners and the detour from the Route 66 became 666 in August 1926. However some say that naming the highway with 666 only bring bad luck. The 190 miles of former US Route 666 begins in Gallup, New Mexico, stretch it's way through 70 miles of Colorado, and ends in Monticello, Utah.
Based on several witnesses, one night of full moon, there was a black, vintage 1930 Pierce-Arrow Roadster has appeared and suddenly disappeared and dozens of cars, trucks, motorcycles will have an accident after the phantom car sighting and so far the phantom car is connected to at least five deaths.

Dr. Avery Teicher from Phoenix over the past ten years documenting the reports of the phantom car and researching the relationship between the Phantom Pierce-Arrow and the Hellhounds that materialize to scare anyone who stop their vehicles at Route 666. According to Dr. Teicher, two members of a motorcycle gang, had their two arms eaten by phantom dogs, while the third gang member, had 90% of his face chewed off. Also several eyewitnesses reporting from the US Route 666 there is a phantom women hitchhiker which disappears immediately when someone give a ride to her.

On January 21, 2003, with support from the New Mexico governor, Bill Richardson stated that he will change the name of the US Route 666. And finally it became official in May 2003.

Sources:
Real Ghosts, Restless Spirits, and Haunted Places by Brad Steiger;
Real Monsters, Gruesome Critters, and Beasts from The Darkside by Brad Steiger
06:38 | 0 komentar

Ancient Pyramid of Bosnia

In October 2005 the Ancient Pyramid of Bosnia which is located in Visoko, a northwest town of Sarajevo, Visocica Hill received worldwide publication when Semir Osmanagic a Bosnian-American explorer announced sensational news that the hill was actually a huge man-made pyramid, dating back around 12,000 years to the last ice age. Osmanagic says the hill's excavations have revealed a narrow entrance (thought to be 2.4 miles (3.8km) long) to what could be an underground network of tunnels. The satellite photographs and thermal imaging showed two other, smaller pyramid-shaped hills in the Visocica Hill, which archaeologists believe the tunnels could lead to. Based on anthropologists research data, they also found evidence of 7,000 year old settlements. Other archaeologists from German found around 24,000 Neolithics artifacts one meter below surface ground.

During excavations on the site, Osmanagic's team found huge blocks of stone, probably from the tunnels or outer layer of the pyramid. The archaeologists team speculated it could be a ventilation shafts of the structure. Osmanagic believes the hill is man-made, one-third much taller than the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt,and has named it “the Pyramid of the Sun” due to it’s similarity with the Sun Pyramid at Teotihuacan city, Mexico. Osmanagic says there is a complex of ancient structures on the excavation site, including the Temple of Earth, the Bosnian Pyramid of Love, the Bosnian Pyramid of the Dragon, and the Bosnian Pyramid of the Moon.

A tourist industry has booming around the magnificent discoveries in Visocica Hill, with souvenir models of the pyramid already available shortly after the worldwide publication. However, there is growing unease among archaeologists throughout the world about the genuineness of the discovery. Many archaeologists believe that Osmanagic's findings are actually the remains of Roman and medieval structures on the hill. Professor Anthony Harding, president of the European Association of Archaeologists, who visited the site, believes the hill to be a natural formation. Harding has expressed his disbelief at the idea that the Upper Palaeolithic hunter-gatherers who roamed the area at the end of the last ice age would have had the time, resources, or inclination to construct such a vast edifice.

 Bosnian Pyramid, Visocica Hill in 1973

Some of Osmanagic's claims certainly demonstrate a lack of knowledge of European prehistory. For example, his statement that Visocica Hill "is actually Europe's first pyramid in the heart of Bosnia" is untrue. There are at least 16 examples of pyramids in Greece, the oldest being the pyramid of Hellinikon, located southwest of Athens in the Argolid. Although this pyramid has been dated to 2720 B.C., some archaeologists dispute these results, and believe a date at the end of the fourth century B.C. more likely. In appearance, the Greek pyramids resemble those at Giza in Egypt, though they are much smaller in size.

A report by the Egyptologist named Nabil Mohamed Abdel Swelim was published by the Archaeological Park in 2007, which claimed that the Pyramid of the Sun in Bosnia, was the largest pyramid in the wolrd. After a couple visits to Visoko, he finally released a report in 2007, which was concluded: "Arguments in favour or in disfavour have no effect on the fact that the pyramid concept and the properties are there for everyone to see". However in 2010 he reported that he doesn't said that the pyramid is man-made, but he was use the term natural or artificial, which is a geometrical-shaped pyramid. He does not exclude the possibility it's man-made.

Sources:
Hidden History: “Lost Civilizations, Secret Knowledge, and Ancient Mysteries” by Brian Haughton;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bosnian_pyramids;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4912040.stm
05:10 | 0 komentar

The Mysterious Mad Gasser

The Mad Gasser is said to have been a mysterious being, described as a woman disguised as a man, who supposedly gassed residents in the town of Mattoon, Illinois (population 15,827, according to the 1940 census) for two long weeks, in late August and early September 1944. Interestingly, similar stories had been reported in the winter of 1933 through 1934 in Botetourt County, Virginia. These stories featured a gasser, a sweet odor, a strange paralysis, a mysterious stranger, panicked residents, and even a woman’s footprints under a bedroom window. In both cases, public officials eventually decided that mass hysteria was the source of the stories rather than any real gasser. However, the Virginia stories were never reported in Illinois, leading some to wonder how hysteria in one town could cause mass sightings of the mysterious Mad Gasser in another.

The first Mad Gasser attacks supposedly took place on August 31, 1944 when four people living in two different houses awoke in the night feeling so ill that they were unable to get out of bed. That night a resident woke up feeling ill. He managed to get to the bathroom before he threw up. On returning the bedroom, he asked his wife if she had left the gas on. She said she hadn’t, but when she tried to get up to check, she found she could not move. Elsewhere in town a young mother who heard her daughter coughing in another room also tried to leave her bed, with similar lack of success.

At 11 p.m. on September 1 a “sickening sweet odor in the bedroom” roused another young mother, Mrs. Bert Kearney, from sleep. As the odor quickly grew stronger, she “began to feel a paralysis of my legs and lower body,” she reported. “I got frightened and screamed.” An hour and a half later her husband, who was coming home from work, observed a strange man standing at the bedroom window. Kearney described him as “tall, dressed in dark clothing and wearing a tight-fitting cap.” Kearney gave chase, but the prowler escaped.

After these stories were reported in the local newspaper, several other attacks were reported on subsequent nights, all of them involving a mysterious stranger, sudden paralysis, and an odd, sweet-smelling gas. One of them claimed to see a woman dressed in men’s clothing lurking under a bedroom window, apparently spraying gas near the glass. The next morning a woman’s footprints were found in the same spot.

These events took place before anyone had heard of a “mad gasser” or “phantom anesthetist,” and whatever inspired the stories, it cannot have been mass hysteria. Unfortunately, at this stage the Mattoon Journal-Gazette picked up the story, calling Mrs. Kearney the “first victim,” which not only was untrue but which also implied that more “victims” would join her. As it happened, other alleged attacks did follow, all reported in the kind of overwrought prose that frightened more than informed.

A doctor called to the scene of one of these incidents smelled the gas, too, adding credibility to the reports. Police who investigated could find no evidence of gassing or of the mysterious stranger, however. No one else had seen the gasser, but late on the evening of September 5, as one couple returned home, the wife noticed a white cloth by the front door. When she picked it up, she happened to sniff it. “I had sensations similar to coming in contact with an electric current,” she recounted. “The feeling raced down my body to my feet and then seemed to settle in my knees. It was a feeling of paralysis.” Soon her lips and face were burning and swelling, her mouth was bleeding, and she was throwing up.

These dramatic symptoms had subsided by the time police got there, but their visit produced what seemed to be the first physical evidence: a skeleton key and an empty lipstick tube near the spot where the cloth had lain. Even as officers were interviewing the couple, however, a woman elsewhere in town was hearing a prowler outside her bedroom window. Before she could sit up, a gas seeped into the room rendering her immobile for several minutes.

As the days passed and the attacks continued, the community was outraged that the local police had not been able to catch the perpetrator. Meanwhile armed citizens prowled the streets at night, in defiance of the police commissioner’s plea for them to get a grip on themselves. He said that a “gas maniac exists” but “many of the attacks are nothing more than hysteria. Fear of the gas man is entirely out of proportion to the menace of the relatively harmless gas he is spraying.” Rumors were flying: the gasser was a lunatic, an “eccentric inventor” (the commissioner’s pet theory, soon to be abandoned), or even an “apeman.” The reasons for this curious last notion are lost to history.

The scare climaxed on September 10, a Sunday night, with two attacks that felled a total of five persons. By the next morning police were talking more and more skeptically, pointing to the absence of solid evidence and stipulating that all further complainants undergo examination at Mattoon Memorial Institution. A chemical analysis of the cloth came to no particular conclusions. The next evening,when the police got calls from persons reporting attacks, the calls were dismissed as false alarms, even though in one case a physician who went to a victim’s house smelled the gas himself.

At a press conference on the morning of September 12, the chief of police told reporters, “Local police, in cooperation with state officers, have checked and rechecked all reported cases, and we find absolutely no evidence to support stories that have been told. Hysteria must be blamed for such seemingly accurate accounts of supposed victims.” Beyond that, he theorized, the odor of carbon tetrachloride from a nearby chemical plant may have been carried on the wind.He did not explain why this had not been a problem for Mattoon residents prior to August 31.

Even in the face of this official denial of his existence, the gasser made one last house call. On the evening of the September 13 a witness saw a “woman dressed in man’s clothing” spray gas through a window into Bertha Burch’s bedroom. The next morning Mrs. Burch and her adult son found footprints of high-heeled shoes under the window. For reasons that will be apparent shortly, this may be the single most interesting case to come out of Mattoon.

Similar series of events took place about a decade earlier in Botetourt County, Virginia, in December 1933 and January 1934. Except for a brief item in the January 22, 1934, edition of the New York Times, the scare got only local (Virginia) coverage. It is highly unlikely that Mattoon residents were aware of it.

The first recorded attack in Virginia occurred at a farm near Haymakertown late on the evening of December 22, 1933 when three separate infusions of gas into the house sickened eight members of a family and a visitor. Some of the victims thought they saw a man fleeing in the darkness. The gas caused nausea, headaches, facial swelling, and constriction of mouth and throat muscles. One victim, a nineteen-year-old woman, suffered convulsions for weeks afterwards. A police officer who arrived between the second and third attacks — after staying an hour, he left, and soon afterwards gas wafted through both floors of the house — found only one clue: the print of a woman’s heel under the window the gas was believed to have passed through.

Over the next two weeks other persons reported similar nocturnal attacks. In one case witnesses saw a 1933 Chevrolet, with a man and woman inside, passing back and forth in front of a house around the time its occupants experienced the mysterious gas. In another instance a young mother attending to her baby said she heard a rattling window shade and mumbling voices outside. Suddenly the room filled with gas, and her body felt numb.While on his way to summon police after a gassing at his farm, F. B. Duval saw a man run toward a car parked on a rural road and drive away quickly.Duval and an officer examined the site soon afterwards and found prints of a woman’s shoes.

Amid growing panic, residents of the county armed themselves and prowled back roads in search of suspicious strangers. On one occasion a searcher fired on a fleeing figure. On another, moments after a gas attack, one of the victims dashed outside in time to glimpse four men running in the direction of the nearby Blue Ridge Mountains. By the time the witness returned with a gun, he could no longer see them, but he could hear their voices. Despite skepticism in some quarters concerning the gasser’s (or gassers’) existence, physicians who had called on victims were certain he was (or they were) real. County Sheriff C. E. Williamson was likewise convinced.

One of the last gassings was reported near Lithia in nearby Roanoke County. Afterwards the victim found discolored snow with a sweet-smelling, oily substance in it. When analyzed, it turned out to consist of sulfur, arsenic, and mineral oil — something like the components, authorities thought, of insecticides. A trail of footprints led from the house to the barn, but none away from the barn. They were, according to press accounts, a “woman’s tracks.”

Michael T. Shoemaker, who investigated the episode in the 1980s, noted its many similarities to the later scare at Mattoon. “In both Mattoon and Botetourt,” he wrote, “the principal physical effects were the same: a sickeningly sweet odor, nausea, paralysis, facial swelling and unconsciousness. These effects were confirmed by doctors and, moreover, in both cases doctors smelled the gas. Both gassers made repeat attacks on one family,multiple attacks in one night and assaults on unoccupied houses. The pattern of explanation was also similar, progressing from pranksters to lunatics to hysteria. Tantalizing but useless clues were found,” including (Shoemaker’s emphasis) “a woman’s print beneath a window.”

Those who believe these incidents were real attacks have suggested that one individual was responsible for the gassings—and that the Mad Gasser was not a human but an extraterrestrial. Some of these believers say they do not know why an extraterrestrial would attack humans in this way, but others suggest that the extraterrestrial was performing some kind of experiment on the humans. (Supporters of this theory also believe in alien abductions, whereby aliens are said to hold humans captive in order to perform experiments on them.) Skeptics, on the other hand, accept the official explanation: that the supposed gassings are examples of mass hysteria. This hysteria, they argue, caused fearful people to imagine that they smelled, felt, or saw things that were not really there.

Sources:
The Greenhaven Encyclopedia of Paranormal Phenomena by Patricia D. Netzley;
Unexplained: “Strange Sightings, Incredible Occurences & Puzzling Physical Phenomena” by Jerome Clark

Pic Source:
Unexplained: “Strange Sightings, Incredible Occurences & Puzzling Physical Phenomena” by Jerome Clark page 447
06:01 | 0 komentar

Book of Enoch

The book of Enoch is an Apochryphal book of the Old Testament, written in Hebrew about a century before Christ. The original version was lost about the end of the fourth century, and only fragments remained, but Bruce the traveller brought back a copy from Abyssinia, in 1773 in Ethiopia, probably made from the version known to the early Greek fathers. The book told of the order of angels called “Watchers,” or “The Sleepless Ones.” The leader was the chief of the giant (Nephilim) called Semjaza or Samyasa (also known as Azazel, one of the Hebrews’ principal demons), is equivalent to Ahriman, Satan or Lucifer who led 200 Watchers down to Earth to take wives from among the daughters of men and their offspring called the Anakim. It was from such a union that the Nephilim, the heroes of old, as well as the ancient practitioners of sorcery, were born. The fallen angels taught their wives to cast various spells and to practice the arts of enchantment.

The book says: " that there were angels who consented to fall from, heaven that they might have intercourse with the daughters of earth. For in those days the sons of men having multiplied, there were born to them daughters of great beauty. And when the angels, or sons of heaven, beheld them, they were filled with desire; wherefore they said to one another: Come let us choose wives from among the race of man, and let us beget children'. Their leader Samyasa, answered thereupon and said: ' Perchance you will be wanting in the courage needed to fulfill this resolution, and then I alone shall be answerable for your fall.' But they swore that they would in no wise repent and that they would achieve their whole design. Now there were 200 who descended on Mount Hermon (or Armon), and it was from this time that the mountain received its designation, which signifies Mount of the Oath.

Hereinafter follow the names of those angelic leaders who descended with this object: Samyasa, chief among all, Urakabarameel, Azibeel, Tamiel, Ramuel, Danel, Azkeel, Sprakuyal, Asael, Armers, Batraal, Ananc, Zavebe, Sameveel, Ertrael, Turel, Jomiael, Arizial. They took wives with whom they had intercourse, to whom also they taught Magic, the art of enchantment and the diverse properties of roots and trees. Just as Prometheus presented man with fire, Samyasa did not neglect human men, so they teach them how to create weapons and tools of destruction. He released to humankind the secrets of metallurgy, the manufacture of weapons and jewelry, and the use of antimony in art and medicine. He also taught women the art of cosmetics to seduce men. For these transgressions, the archangels Michael, Gabriel, Raphael and Uriel appeal to God to punish the offspring of the Nephilim and the fallen angels on earth. God sent Uriel to instruct Noah to build a large ship and tell him of the coming Great Flood (cataclysm) to cleanse the world from evil and then God condemned Azazel to remain forever bound in the desert of Dûdâêl.

A page from Greek Manuscript of the Book of Enoch
Based on ancient texts and manuscripts, Mount Hermon is where it all happened. Ancient legends attribute a sacred character to Mount Hermon. Hermon is also the mountain of God, called Bashan. Modern surveys have located more than twenty temples on Mount Hermon, an unprecedented number in comparison with other regions of the Phoenician coast. The Mount abounds with shrines to the Canaanite goddess Asherah or Astarte. This led the Church father Jerome to write that Hermon was an anathema, by which he meant a forbidden place.

The name Hermon derives from the Laconian dialect for stone heap. Archeologists discovered such a heap of hewn stone within the ruins of a circular wall on one of the three secondary peaks. In fact, all monumental walls and buildings built of ashlars, or cut stones, represent Hermon. He is also equivalent to Hermes, or Thoth-Hermes, the biblical Ham.

A translation of the Book of Enoch was published by Archbishop Lawrence in 1821, the Etheopic text in 1838, and there is a good edition by Dillman (1851). Philippi and Ewald have also written special works on the subject and the only known statute of the leader of the Watchers is in the choir of Rosslyn Chapel, in Scotland.

Sources:
Encyclopedia of Ancient and Forbidden Secrets by Nye;
The Alchemy Key: “Unravelling the Single Tangible Secret in All Mysteries” by Stuart Nettleton;
The Gale Encyclopedia of the Unusual and Unexplained by Brad Steiger and Sherry Hansen Steiger;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_enoch
05:48 | 1 komentar

Mysterious Pyramid of Mount Kasagi

As we already know that Atlantis was the first global civilization. There has not been one since, including our own which, for all of its attempts at internationalism, is fractured everywhere. The early Classical Greek historian, Hesiod, wrote of an oicumene, or a world-power (from which our word, “ecumenical,” derives) that dominated a Golden Age of universal magnificence and sun-worship. Its movers and shakers were pyramid-builders, who erected their singular structures from the Atlantic isles eastward to Egypt and Sumer, and westward to the Americas. But far less well-known are the pyramids of Mount Kasagi in Japan. They are possibly surviving testimony to the same Atlantean civilizers who roamed the planet. Standing about seven feet tall and some fourteen feet across at the base, it is a powerful work of art, starkly commanding. Who sculpted it, when, and for what purpose, no one knows.

The hilly, thickly forested and surprisingly under-populated countryside outside the big city of Nagoya, in north-central Japan, is little known to outsiders, even to many Japanese. Practically concealed amid the abundant plant-life of the forest floor is an almost perfectly symmetrical stone pyramid on the slope of Mount Kasagi. It has been precisely crafted from a single massive block of solid granite weighing an estimated nine tons, although the surface is unadorned by markings of any kind. No equivalent stone may be found in the immediate vicinity, so moving the heavy block to its location on the slope of a mountain required transportation skills on a par with its carving. Not only the surrounding heavy vegetation, but the structure’s position in a valley demonstrate it was never intended for astronomical purposes.

No burials have been associated with this “trigonon,” as it is referred to by Professor Nobuhiro Yoshida, President of the Japan Petroglyph Society (Kitakyushu). He is one among many Japanese scholars who have studied the structure, although its existence is virtually unknown in the West. Folk tradition among the local peasantry, however, describes a white snake that dwells under and within the Mount Kasagi pyramid.

One of the pyramid of mount Kasagi

In a prehistoric ritual still annually performed by pious residents, they leave an offering of eggs as a ceremonial feast for the serpentine genius loci, or “spirit of the place.” Mythic relationship between a sacred snake and egg symbolism does not occur elsewhere in Japan, or the rest of Asia. But it is known on the other side of the world from Japan in the Nile Valley as Kneph, the serpent manifestation of Khnemu. His serpent power (Kneph) appears to be the Egyptian version of Benten, the goddess of Mount Kasagi’s “trigonon,” because her myth describes her as the Lady of the White Serpents, and tells of her ancient arrival in Japan from over the sea. Interestingly, displayed at her Tokyo shrine at Shirorama are stone and bronze images of a pyramid, her emblem.

More than phonetically, Benten appears related to the Benben, an Egyptian phoenix-like bird of immortality, likewise associated with a sacred egg. Benben was the name and personification of the pyramidian, incorrectly referred to as a pyramid “capstone” of the Great Pyramid. A Benten-Benben relationship seems too close to be circumstantial.

Japanese-Egyptian comparisons grow even closer when we learn that the apex angle of the “trigonon”—76 degrees—is identical to that of the Great Pyramid. The obscure pyramidian is not alone. Four other similarly cut stone structures are spaced every 100 meters, three of them forming a triangular pattern along Mount Kasagi’s ridge. Their immediate vicinity is uncommonly rich in prehistoric rock art, indicating that this remote and almost inaccessible area was important to the pyramid-builders.

While no other “trigonons” have been found, a scene reminiscent of Atlantis itself may be found at Atami-san. Mount Atami, on the northeastern coast of Japan’s Izuhanto, the Izu Peninsula (Shizuoka Prefecture ken, Honshu), facing Sagami-nada (the Gulf of Sagami), is an enormous but extinct volcano, the ancient source from which the city of Atami, built within the crater, derives its name. Almost half-sunk into the sea, Atami-san presents a discernably Atlantean appearance. Atami was an important resort as early as the 5th century, A.D., although Neolithic finds in the crater prove the site has been occupied from more deeply prehistoric times, when the name originated. “Atami,” a possible Atlantean linguistic survivor, has no meaning in the Japanese language.

Sources:
Atlantis Rising Magazine Vol. 46: “Asia’s Forbidden Pyramids” by Frank Joseph;
The Atlantis Encyclopedia by Frank Joseph

Pic Source:
Atlantis Rising Magazine Vol. 46: “Asia’s Forbidden Pyramids” by Frank Joseph page 26
05:11 | 0 komentar

Recent Post

Recent Posts Widget

Chapters

Popular Posts