Unsolved Mysteries of the Lucedio Abbey

Lucedio Abbey (Abbazia di Santa Maria di Lucedio) is a 12th-century former Cistercian building near Trino, Italy. The building still stands today, as do some of the frightening devices and monuments erected within it. In the “Judgment Room”, stands a pillar called the “Weeping Pillar” for the inexplicable water it generates. It is believed that the pillar “cries” because of all the shame and abuse it has witnessed. Also there is a mysterious fresco called the "Devil's Music Sheet" that can seal a demon. While beneath the church there is a crypt where the monks were buried and that they were there to guard something evil, and this evil presence can be strongly felt by those who enter the crypt.

On 17th century strange rumors and bizarre tales began to spread throughout the region. There's a local legend tells that in 1648 an evil presence was evoked near a cemetery close to the Lucedio Abbey. The sorcerers performed a black magic ritual which summon an ancient demon and it possessed the minds of the monks of the Abbey. Here they corrupted and converted the monks, it was believed that the monks had forsaken their holy vows to worship a much darker master, Satan.

Lucedio Abbey
Numerous young men underwent assault and torture at the hands of the monks. They who were taken into the Abbey to work or become monks were never seen again outside it’s walls. At night local villagers reported that they could hear what sounded like screams of pain and anguish as well as strange chanting on the nights of the full moon that did not sound like the holy songs of devoted servants of God. Those from the surrounding area began to believe that the Monks of Lucedio Abbey had possibly done the unthinkable.

Completely controlled by the demon they started a period of violence and abuse of their spiritual and temporal power. Out of this events the myth of the "Weeping Pillar" was born and it still can be seen in the main hall. The pillar weeps (actually mysteriously becomes wet) for all the violence it had to see. Right in front of that pillar the destiny of those innocent people was chosen.

This period of violence last almost 100 years when the Pope finally sent an exorcist from Rome. This person fought and won against the evil and shut the demon in the Abbey crypts. The monks were mummified and they were put in circle around the evil presence to seal the demon and protect the abbey. As additional protection to seal the demon, a music was composed known as "The Devil's music sheet". It's a palindrome melody which according to popular belief, had and still has magical and esoteric powers. The particular thing about this music sheet is that it has been painted as a fresco in the Abbey and even more particular thing is that it can be played both normally from left to right and also backwards.

A researcher in ancient music and melody who studied the Devil's sheet stated the following things: 
  • If you put letters instead of the classic notes you can clearly read three words: "Dio Fede Abbazia" which mean God Faith Abbey.
  • The initial chords were usually used as ending chords in songs. It almost looks like it has been painted backwards on purpose.
Popular legend tells that if you play the song backwards you will break the seal and free the demon, however if played normally you will seal it again and make the seal stronger. The name of the place, Lucedio, is a bit weird itself and can be interpreted in two ways: as "Luce di Dio" Light of God or deriving of Lucifer's name.

Over the years many witnesses have claimed to witness what looks like tears coming from the pillar as well as a strange moaning sound coming from the base. Many reputable Paranormal researchers have attempted to debunk the pillar. Ghost Hunter International (GHI) also investigate the Abbey. In the Judgment Room, where people stood against a pillar as their crimes were debated, Andy Andrews from GHI goes above to study the area. He finds water damage above the pillar and suspects leaking rainfall might be the cause of the "weeping" pillar, but when he places a leaking bucket of water above the pillar, not a drop makes its way down. Many have tried and many have failed to solve it, until now it's still remains a mystery in Lucedio Abbey.


Pic Source:
17:23 | 0 komentar

The Mystery of The Hands Resist Him Painting

In February 2000, an anonymous seller started an auction for a haunted painting on E-bay called "The Hands Resist Him". It is a painting created in 1972 by a California artist named Bill Stoneham. It showed a female doll and a young boy standing in front of a glass paneled door. Perhaps the most unsettling feature are the floating hands pressed against the glass of the door behind them. According to the artist, the boy is based on a photograph of himself at age of five, the hands are represent the 'other lives', the glass door represent the thin layer between waking and dreaming realm. The girl/doll is the imagined companion, or his guide through this realm. Reports began coming in of strange reactions upon viewing the pictures. These included people being violently ill or fainting, children screaming upon seeing the painting and observers being gripped by an 'unseen entity'. There is no firm evidence to substantiate these claims, but what is without doubt is that the bidding price of the painting shot up - from a first bid of $199 to a final price of $1025.

In the early year of 1970s, the painting was first displayed at the Feingarten Gallery in Beverly Hills, California. Bill Stoneham held a one-man show at the gallery, which included the piece. It was reviewed by the art critic at the Los Angeles Times. Finally, the painting was purchased by actor John Marley who plays as Jack Woltz in The Godfather.

Later after Marley's death, the painting was reported to have come into the possession of a California couple, after being found on an old brewery. It is unknown how the painting ended up in the brewery. And then in February 2000, the painting appeared on E-bay, the famous auction website.

According to the seller (the California couple) the painting carried some kind of curse. Their E-bay description made a series of claims that the boy and the doll in the painting moved during the night, and that they would sometimes leave the painting and running around in the room which it was being displayed.

This is the original E-bay ad:

Haunted painting ----- warning and disclaimer

The Hands Resist Him

"When we received this painting, we thought it was really good art. A "picker" had found it abandoned behind an old brewery. At the time we wondered a little why a seemingly perfectly fine painting would be discarded like that. ( Today we don't !!! )

One morning our 4 and 1/2 year old daughter claimed, that the children in the picture were fighting, and coming into the room during the night. Now, i don't believe in ufos or elvis being alive, but my husband was alarmed. To my amusement he set up a motion triggered camera for the nights.

After three nights there were pictures. The last two pictures shown are from that 'stakeout'. After seeing the boy seemingly exiting the painting under threat, we decided, the painting has to go.

Please judge for yourself. --- before you do, please read the following warning and disclaimer. ----warning: do not bid on this painting if you are susceptible to stress related disease, faint of heart or are unfamiliar with supernatural events. By bidding on this painting, you agree to release the owners of all liability in relation to the sale or any events happening after the sale, that might be contributed to this painting.

This painting may or may not possess supernatural powers, that could impact or change your life. However, by bidding you agree to exclusively bid on the value of the artwork, with disregard to the last two photos featured in this auction, and hold the owners harmless in regard to them and their impact, expressed or implied.------------ now that we got this out of the way, one question to you E-bayers. We want our house to be blessed after the painting is gone, does anybody know, who is qualified to do that?..."

The rest of the ad and more pictures can be found on this website

The ad included grim warnings about possible supernatural powers held by the image and told the story of how the painting had affected the sellers' lives since they bought it a year previously. The advert also included a series of pictures of the picture 'changing form' at night - caught on film by a webcam. The last two pictures purport to show the doll coming to life and using a 'gun' held in her hand to force the boy to leave the painting. According to the artist, the object presumed by the E-bay sellers to be a gun is actually nothing more than a dry cell battery and a tangle of wires. Within hours of the painting appearing on E-bay, its story and link were being passed around the world via the Internet. The buyer, who wished to remain anonymous, later gave an interview to paranormal website 'Surfing the Apocalypse' about their experience with the 'haunted' painting.

Few years later, Bill Stoneham created another two painting which is the sequels of "The Hands Resist Him" painting and can be seen on this website. The first sequel called "Resistance at the Threshold", this one created on 2004 showed the 5-years-old boy has grown up into 40 years old man wearing a hat with the same style as the first painting. Another sequel on 2012 called "Threshold of Revelation", it showed the same 40 years old man in the shallow water (maybe in a sewer) with a little girl holding a mask/doll's face.


Pic Source:
05:41 | 1 komentar

Carlisle Hell Hound

The story of Carlisle Hell Hound began in the 19th century. There was a blacksmith named John Carter, he decided to leave his home in London and move to Carlisle which is the largest settlement in the county of Cumbria and located at the confluence of the rivers Eden, Caldew and Petteril, 10 miles (16 km) south of the Scottish border. A day before Christmas when John and his wife arrived at Carlisle, they rented a wagon to take them to a nearby village where they would live peacefully there. They were hoping to be settled in to their new home well in time for yuletide season. When the wagon took off through the countryside, John Carter noticed how incredibly foggy it was becoming.

Carlisle map
Suddenly the mysterious fog came in very thick and very fast indeed, but this didn't seem to bother the driver who, if anything, seemed to have a preference for riding at breakneck speed. At one point the wagon almost careered off the road as it maneuvered round a sharp corner, but still the wagon driver used his whip to drive the horse on ever faster. Carter became worried for the safety of his family, immediately he shouted for the driver to slow down.

'Nay sire! I daren't!' replied the wagon driver.

Carter kept shouting at the driver to go slower. A few moment later, the driver agreed, but he told the blacksmith that he saw something horrible chase the wagon. Not long after the wagon had slowed down, Carter was shocked to see a terrible-looking dog-like creature running alongside the wagon. It showed a pair of 'evil, glowing eyes and a lolling tongue'.

'Go faster! Go faster!' cried the terrified blacksmith, as his wife shrieked with fear.

The high-speed wagon suddenly approached a narrow bridge but the wagon size was just too wide for it and became stuck in the middle of the bridge. The howling, slobbering hound began to scratching the paw at the backside of the wagon with incredible strength that it would clearly be only a matter of time before it shattered. In order to protect his life and Carter's family, the driver cracked his whip at the beast, causing it to fall from the bridge into the frozen river below. They watched from the wagon in relief as the howling hound was washed away in the ice-cold current.

After several attempt, the wagon was freed from the narrow bridge and continued on its journey. When they finally arrived at the village, neither Carter nor his wife decided ever went near that bridge again in case they should encounter again the 'hound from hell'. The driver told the blacksmith and his wife that the hell hound had roamed the area for generations, and that local peoples were so frightened of it they were forbidden to mention the beast in public.

The Ghost at Christmas written by Darren W. Ritson;
Paranormal Magazine vol. February 2011

Pic Source:
20:40 | 0 komentar

The Black Triangle UFO Sightings

For a number of years reports of large, black, triangle shaped UFOs have intrigued investigators. The black triangles appear to superficially resemble Stealth type aircraft, the differences being that the black triangles are usually extremely large, fly at speeds slower then possible to maintain lift, and are totally soundless. Starting in 1983, the residents of the Hudson Valley area of New York and nearby Connecticut have seen some very strange objects in the night sky. The UFOs have been described as larger than a football field with multicolored flashing lights. The object seems to take on a boomerang shape, but at times it also has appeared circular. Most witnesses report that it is a solid object made up of some type of very dark, gun-grey material. The object has been seen by at least five thousand witnesses that include police officers, scientists, and people from all walks of life. All say that the silent, slow moving UFO was something that they had never seen before and could not identify.

UFO with Triangular shape based on eyewitness description
Black triangle UFOs have been reported to be visible to radar, as was the case with the famous Belgian UFO wave. During 1989 and 1990, thousands of people in the nation of Belgium saw large triangular shaped UFOs in the sky. The sightings were often captured on film and video. The Belgian military sent jet fighters to chase some of the UFOs. Two Belgian F-16s attempted to intercept the objects (getting a successful missile lock at two occasions) only to be outmaneuvered.

In at least one instance, a military jet locked radar on one of the UFOs at the same time as it was being tracked by ground-based radar. Both radars measured the UFO doing maneuvers that would be considered impossible for a human aircraft, and because of the two separate radar readings, these findings are considered highly reliable. Finally a Belgian military spokesman went on TV to say that he could not explain what was happening.

On March 30, 1993 multiple witnesses across south-west and west England saw a large black triangle at low speeds. Analysis of the sightings by Nick Pope concluded that the object moved in a north-easterly course from Cornwall to Shropshire over a period of approximately 6 hours. The sightings report clearly visible objects over densely populated areas and highways, mostly in the United States and Britain, but other parts of the world as well.

A geographic distribution of U.S. sightings has been correlated by a currently inactive American-based investigative organization, the National Institute for Discovery Science (NIDS), which led to a July 2002 report which suggested that the craft may belong to the U.S. Air Force; however, a subsequent report in August 2004 by the same organization (NIDS) found that the rash of sightings did not conform to previous deployment of black project aircraft and that the objects' origins and agendas were unknown.

Recently on March 3, 2013 according to the testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database. An Oakdale, CA, family and neighbors reported watching a black, triangle-shaped object hovering in the sky at 4:15 p.m for about eight minutes before it appeared to turn and move quickly out of the area. The witness attempted to look at the object then with a telescope, but could not get it working correctly. Unfortunately, no images or videos were included with the MUFON report, which was filed on March 4, 2013.

Secret Black Projects of The New World Order: "Anti-Gravity UFOs, Black Helicopters and Mysterious Flying Triangles" by Tim Swartz;

Pic Source:
Secret Black Projects of The New World Order: "Anti-Gravity UFOs, Black Helicopters and Mysterious Flying Triangles" by Tim Swartz page 59
18:54 | 0 komentar

Unsolved Murder Case of JonBenet Ramsey

On the day after Christmas 1996, JonBenet Ramsey (August 6, 1990 – December 25, 1996), a six-year-old American child beauty pageant queen was found dead in her home in Boulder, Colorado. Her body was found in the basement of the family home and later her murder case has been classified as "cold case" by Mark Beckner, the Boulder Police Chief because the case remains unsolved, even after several grand jury hearings, and continues to generate public and media interest.

JonBenet Ramsey
On December 26, 1996, Patsy Ramsey discovered her daughter was missing after finding on the kitchen staircase a two-and-a-half-page ransom letter demanding $118,000 for her safe return. Despite specific instructions in the ransom note that police and friends not be contacted, she called the police and her family and friends. The local police conducted a cursory search of the house, but did not find any obvious signs of a break-in or forced entry. The note suggested that the ransom collection would be monitored and JonBenet would be returned as soon as the money was obtained. John Ramsey made arrangements for the availability of the ransom, which a friend, John Fernie, picked up that morning from a local bank.

Ransom Note
But it was not long before her body was found in the basement of the house. Her dead body covered in a white blanket with a nylon cord around her neck. Her wrists were tied above her head, and she had duct tape over her mouth. An autopsy report revealed that she had been strangled and bludgeoned to death.

Within hours, the Ramseys themselves became the main suspects of the investigation and police were later criticized for losing focus of the crime scene and other leads by concentrating on the family - including JonBenet's brother Burke - instead of following up other leads.

Based on the autopsy also revealed that JonBenet had eaten pineapple only a few hours before the murder. Photographs of the home, taken the day JonBenet's body was found, show a bowl of pineapple on the kitchen table with a spoon in it, and police reported finding Burke Ramsey's (JonBenet's nine-year-old brother) fingerprints on it. However, both Patsy and John claim not to remember putting this bowl on the table or feeding pineapple to JonBenet. (The Ramseys had always maintained that Burke had slept through the entire episode, until awakened several hours after the police arrived.) While it was reported that no footprints led to the house on snow-covered ground, other reporters found that snow around the doors of the house had been cleared away. Police reported no signs of forced entry, although a basement window that had been broken and left unsecured before Christmas, along with other open doors, were not reported to the public until a year later.

The Ramseys have consistently held that the crime was committed by an intruder. They hired John E. Douglas, former head of the FBI's Behavioral Science Unit, to examine the case. He concluded that the crime was most probably a kidnapping gone wrong, and that Ramseys were not involved in the murder. Douglas's argument focused on the following points:
  • There was no physical evidence linking John and Patsy to the homicide, and physical evidence found near JonBenĂ©t's body suggested the presence of an unidentified person in the Ramsey home.
  • There was no plausible motive for the Ramseys to kill their daughter. Douglas regarded the bed-wetting hypothesis as so unprecedented as to verge on absurdity and furthermore inconsistent with Patsy's established behavior.
  • There was no evidence of physical abuse, neglect, sexual molestation, or serious personality disorders in the Ramsey household prior to the murder, some combination of which are associated with most cases of children killed by parents.
  • The behavior of John and Patsy Ramsey after the crime was consistent with the parents of other murdered children, and was inconsistent with known cases of parents who killed their children.
After being suspects for several years, John and Patsy Ramsey were cleared of any involvement in the murder in 2003 after DNA found on their daughter's body did not match either of them, nor did it match any other close family members.

Then, on August 16, 2006, 41-year-old John Mark Karr (now Alexis Reich), a former schoolteacher, confessed to the murder while being held on child pornography charges from Sonoma County, California. Authorities reportedly tracked him down using the Internet after he sent e-mails regarding the Ramsey case to Michael Tracey, a journalism professor at the University of Colorado. However, DNA found at the crime scene did not match him either, and no charges were filed against him.

In 2008, Boulder district attorney’s office completely cleared the Ramseys of any wrongdoing in their daughter’s slaying, and issued an apology.

In 2012, James Kolar a former detective says in his book (Foreign Faction: Who Really Kidnapped JonBenet Ramsey) that an intact spider web left in a Ramsey home window provides telling evidence that no one entered from the outside to kill the child.

And he writes that a child’s toy may explain several abrasions on Ramsey’s body, opposing another theory claiming that the child was attacked by a stun gun. The child’s father, John Ramsey, told police in 1996 that an intruder broke through a window in the basement. But in macabre police video that shows the basement hours after JonBenet was found dead, Kolar points out that there are wispy cobwebs, moving ever so slightly.

In January 27, 2013, the grand jury found sufficient evidence to indict the parents in 1999 on charges of child abuse resulting in death, but District Attorney Alex Hunter refused to sign off on the grand jury's decision, saying there was too little proof.

19:11 | 0 komentar

The Fisher's Ghost

The Fisher's Ghost story began on 17 June 1826, with the disappearance of Frederick Fisher. It is a popular Australian story in the early 19th century. Fisher was a paroled convict who had acquired land at Campbelltown and built a shack thereon. Unfortunately, he also caroused there with itinerants and other ticket-of-leave men, including his neighbor and best friend William George Worrell (or Worrall). When Fisher found himself in debt and facing possible arrest, he trustingly signed his property over to Worrell, either to conceal or to protect his assets. When Fisher was released from prison, after a six-month stretch, he returned to his farm only to find that Worrell had been claiming it as his own.

After Fisher disappeared, Worrell resumed possession of the property, telling anyone who inquired that his friend had returned to England in search of his estranged family. The facts that Worrell wore Fisher’s clothes and offered a crudely forged receipt to prove his ownership of one of Fisher’s horses soon raised suspicions. Several local townspeople became suspicious and on September 17, 1826, George Worrall was arrested on suspicion of Fred Fisher's murder and reportedly confessed just before his hanging.

On 23 September, the Colonial Secretary’s Office offered a reward for “the discovery of the body” of Frederick Fisher, or a lesser reward for proof that he had “quitted the Colony”. Subsequently, a local man named James Farley reportedly had an encounter with the ghost of Fisher. Farley was walking near Fisher’s property one night and saw an apparition of the missing man sitting on a fence, glowing eerily and dripping blood from a gashed head. Moaning, the phantasm “pointed a bony finger in the direction of the creek that flowed behind Fisher’s farm”. Thus prompted to search the area, police soon dug up Fisher’s corpse.
The Fisher's Ghost
The story of Fisher’s ghost was actually launched—and it may have originated from an anonymous poem in 1832—the legend has persisted. In the narrative, the phantom behaves as one of those purposeful spirits of yore that sometimes “advised where their bodies might be discovered”.

Since at least the 1950s, lighthearted vigils for the ghost have been held, with crowds typically gathering at midnight on June 17th. The chosen site is the bridge across Fisher’s Ghost Creek because, according to one account, “it was on the rail of the bridge . . . that Fisher’s Ghost was always seen”.

However, when Peter Rodgers and Joe Nickell (the author of "The Mystery Chronicles") made their pilgrimage to the spot, local people told them (and other sources confirmed) that the existing bridge was not in precisely the same place as the original. More significantly, the earliest accounts of the story have the ghost sitting on the rail of a fence. With that simple transformation of a motif (as folklorists term a narrative element)—from fence rail to bridge rail—the site of the purported apparition also became translocated. Nevertheless, “ghost” sightings have been reported there; one of the most noteworthy occurred in 1955.

In order to promote community togetherness and the varied activities of a diverse population and colourful celebration of Campbelltown City´s history and its people, the Campbelltown City Council began celebrating the Festival of Fisher's Ghost in 1956. It is an annual ten-day festival celebrated every November.

The Mystery Chronicles: "More Real-Life X-Files" by Joe Nickell;

Pic Source:
The Mystery Chronicles: "More Real-Life X-Files" by Joe Nickell
16:17 | 0 komentar

The Mystery of Yarmouth Runic Stone

In 1812, a 400 pound boulder was found at the nearby village of Overton, Nova Scotia. It is interpreted by some people to have been carved by Leif Ericson, while others feel the markings are natural scratches gradually enhanced over the years. This runic stone was first discovered in a salt marsh by a Yarmouth doctor, Richard Fletcher. He was an army surgeon who had retired and gone to live in Yarmouth in 1809, subsequently dying there in 1819. He actually located the stone close to the shore on a point of land that then ran out between the outlet of the Chegoggin Flats and the western side of Yarmouth harbour. There are only fourteen characters in its short inscription and these have been puzzled over by the experts for close on two hundred years.

Shortly before World War I, the Runic Stone travelled to Christianna (now Oslo), Norway, where it was shown at an international exhibition. It was then taken to London, England, where it would remain in storage at the offices of the Canadian Pacific Railway, as ocean travel during the war was hazardous, and it was deemed too risky to transport the stone. It finally returned to Yarmouth sometime after the Armistice of 1918.

The stone has now been carefully preserved and advantageously displayed in the fascinating Yarmouth County Museum, at 22 Collins Street. Its Director and Curator, Eric J. Ruff, the Historian, has valuable infromation about the mysterious old stone and its possible origins. He said, "the Yarmouth Runic Stone is very interesting in the history of Yarmouth. Most people think that it was left by the Vikings but there are lots of other theories. Basically it was found towards the end of Yarmouth harbour in 1812 by Doctor Fletcher. Some people, notably the descendants of Dr. Fletcher, always felt that he did the carving. Lots of others have felt that the Vikings left the stone, and it's been translated a couple of times by various people from the Runes. One translation was made by Henry Philips Junior round about 1875, and he felt that the Runes read either 'Hako spoke to his men' or 'Hako's son spoke to his men."

Philips subsequently published a paper on it in 1884 according to a note made by Harry Piers, a former Curator of the Provincial Museum, and suggested that this Hako was a member of the Karlsefne Expedition of 1007.

In 1934 Eric Ruff also told Lionel & Patricia Fanthorpe (the author of The World's Greatest Unsolved Mysteries) that Olaf Strandwold had translated the Runes on the stone. He was the County Superintendent of Schools in Benton County, Washington, and an eminent Norwegian scholar, who believed that the characters were certainly Runic. He interpreted them as: "Leif to Eric raises (this monument)."

Yarmouth Runic Stone

When Olaf Strandwold did his work, George St Perrin was in charge of the stone and the Yarmouth Library then housed it. Georges' explanation to Olaf in 1934 says clearly: "...shows very few signs of erosion. The cuts show, except in a fewisolated spots, a distinct V-shaped section...the stone is of very hard texture...the cuts are so well tooled that a highly tempered instrument must have been used by the inscriber..."

Strandwold search carefully through established Runic alphabets and locate known equivalents from authenticated sources which matched the Runes carved on to the Yarmouth Stone. He then laid these out in parallel with a third line below which gave the Latin alphabet's equivalent of the Rune above. Strandwold took several closely cross referenced pages to establish and verify each of the fourteen Runes on the stone and finally came up with the Latin version:


Allowing for the minor discrepancies between ancient Runic and Ogham characters carved at slightly different angles, there is also a remarkable similarity between the Glozel Alphabet from the central France, and the inscription on the Yarmouth stone:

The similarity between Yarmouth and Glozel Alphabet

In Viking history, Eric the red also known as Eric Thorvaldsson, fluorished in the closing years of the tenth century AD, as the founder of the earliest Scandinavian settlement Greenland. His son, Leif Ericsson (c. 970 – c. 1020) was a Norse explorer regarded was the first fully accredited European discoverer of North America (excluding Greenland), nearly 500 years before Christopher Columbus.

In 999 Eric's middle son Leif Ericsson or Leif the Lucky, sailed from Greenland to Norway via the Hebrides instead of going on the more usual Icelandic route. On his way back the following year, he made the return voyage without calling at any intemediate land, and was hoping to strike the southern end of Greenland. Having missed it in bad weather, he encountered the North American mainland instead: probably Labrador, perhaps Newfoundland or even as far south as Nova Scotia. Realising that wherever this was it was not his father's home in Greenland, later he turned north up the coast and reached home safely before autumn. The tantalising question remains unanswered: Did Leif Ericsson land anywhere near Yarmouth and carved the Yarmouth Runic Stone while he was there?

The World's Greatest Unsolved Mysteries by Lionel & Patricia Fanthorpe

Pic Source:
The World's Greatest Unsolved Mysteries by Lionel & Patricia Fanthorpe page 141
The World's Greatest Unsolved Mysteries by Lionel & Patricia Fanthorpe page 138
20:39 | 0 komentar

The Mysterious Babushka Lady

In 1963, after the assassination of President John F. Kennedy, film footage that had been provided by a witness was carefully checked for clues to the killer’s identity. Unexpectedly, a mysterious woman was spotted standing on a grassy knoll wearing a brown overcoat and scarf. The woman appeared to be holding something in her hands which is believed to be a camera, and she continued filming the scene even as the majority of the crowd fled after the shooting. Babushka Lady is the nickname given to the mysterious woman because she looked like a Russian grandmother (babushka). She eventually walked away to the east up Elm Street where she disappeared from history forever.

After the incident she never showed up. The police and the FBI could not find her, and the questioned film shot from her position never turned up, even though the FBI request to local photo processors that they would be interested in any pictures or films of the assassination.

Babushka Lady caught on tape

On the day of the assassination November 22, 1963, a Kodak technician in Dallas named Jack Harrison, claimed to have developed, an out-of-focus color slide that showed a brunette woman in her late 30s looks similar to the position of Babushka Lady.

In 1970, Beverly Oliver claimed herself as Babushka Lady. However she has not been able to provide convincing proof she was there. Oliver says her film was taken by Federal agent Regis Kennedy and never returned. The camera she claims to have been using was not produced until several years after the assassination.
Regis Kennedy, a Federal agent, was actually in New Orleans on November 22nd. Others who had been standing near the Babushka Lady stated Oliver was not standing near them. Finally, photographic evidence seems to indicate the Babushka Lady to be much older and heavier than the 17-year old Beverly Oliver of 1963. For these reasons, though some believe her, she is generally regarded as a fraud and the real identity of the Babushka Lady remain unsolved.

The Ultimate Book of Top Ten Lists by Jamie Frater;
The Mysteries: "Know The truth" by Samardeep Singh Sidhu;

Pic Source:
The Mysteries: "Know The truth" by Samardeep Singh Sidhu page 11
21:06 | 0 komentar

Recent Post

Recent Posts Widget


Popular Posts